History

Quality Commitment

Vision/Core Values


Facilities

Goldsboro, NC

Morganton, NC

Winesburg, OH

Canton, OH

Troutman, NC


History

Case Farms was founded by Thomas R. Shelton in December 1986. After gaining over 23 years of management experience in the poultry industry, Mr. Shelton realized a goal of owning a Company by purchasing a small family-owned poultry operation in Ohio.

The Company was called Case Egg & Poultry and included a processing plant in Winesburg, Ohio, a hatchery in Strasburg, Ohio, and a food distribution facility in Akron, Ohio. In its first year of operation, Case Farms processed 135,000 chickens per week, had 140 team members, and produced 22 million pounds of poultry products. Since 1987, the facilities have been upgraded and expanded and today process 425,000 chickens per week, have 550 team members, and produce in excess of 150 million pounds of production per year.

In May 1988, Case Farms purchased the Morganton, North Carolina poultry operations formerly known as Breeden Poultry & Egg. The facilities included a processing plant, hatchery, and a feed mill. In 1988, the Morganton operation processed 475,000 chickens per week, had 450 employees, and produced 75 million pounds of poultry products. Since 1988, the facilities have been upgraded and expanded and today process 800,000 chickens per week, have 1050 team members, and produce in excess of 300 million pounds of production per year.

In August 1998, Case Farms purchased the Goldsboro, North Carolina poultry operation from WLR Foods. The facilities included a processing plant, hatchery, feed mill, and a grain storage facility. In 1998, the Goldsboro operation processed 650,000 chickens per week, had 750 team members, and produced 168 million pounds of poultry products. Since 1998, the facilities have been upgraded and expanded and today process 800,000 chickens per week, have 1000 team members, and produce in excess of 275 million pounds of production per year.

At the same time of the Ohio acquisition, Case Farms began a genetics program. As the program expanded, it was moved to Troutman, North Carolina in 1993 when Case Farms leased the former breeding facilities of Pilch, Inc. In 1995, the facilities were purchased and included an office building, hatchery, and two breeding farms. A breeder and broiler research farm was later added. When the acquisition was completed, the Company's financial department relocated to the office building in Troutman.

In 2005 Case Farms added a 40,000 square foot par-fry addition next to the Goldsboro processing plant to meet its customers' demands for partially cooked poultry products. In 2006, Case completed construction on two new feed mills to provide feed for the Morganton and Goldsboro divisions. In 2009, Case completed construction on a new feed mill to provide feed for the Ohio division.

In February 2012, the Company acquired the Canton Division from Park Farms. The facilities include a 96,176 square foot processing plant and a 50,908 square foot cooler/freezer facility built in multiple stages from 1956 – 1989, both of which are located on 15.3 acres in Canton, and a 26,066 square foot poultry hatchery built in 1990 located on 8.98 acres in Canton. Since the acquisition, the facilities have been upgraded and today process 500,000 small chickens per week, have 500 team members, and produce in excess of 75,000,000 pounds of production per year.

Today, Case Farms processes 2.5 million birds per week, has over 3200 dedicated team members, and produces in excess of 800 million pounds of fresh, partially cooked, and frozen-for-export poultry products per year.

 



Home | About Us | Products | Poultry FAQs | Careers | News & Events | Contact Us